Cinz & Lionel

Due to Posts going missing and lack of support from Blog spot we've moved to http://thequotidianwo

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Tattoo


For ages I have been itching to get a new tattoo, all I know is that I wanted my kid’s initials and it must be colorful representing the light and color my children have brought into my life, but wasn’t sure who to go to or who to trust with something so permanent.


Not so long ago I did the shoot “The Death of a Ballerina” with the most beautiful creature ever, Miss Gisella Rose and I was in total adoration of her tattoos. It turned out her brother Ryan Bolton was the artistic genius behind her colorful body. So it started, I eventually got in contact with Ryan and told him just what my kids initials are and I wanted it colorful and we made a date to go get it done.



We went through a few ideas he had designed and after he confused me with other possibilities I decided to go for the original idea on my neck and chose the design we both agreed was the best one.

So while I was about chatting to Gis and snooping around his shop, looking at all his great art work on the wall, he made the stencil and so the fun started. He took the stencil and stuck the design onto my neck, and while all this is happening, we have Lionel with his strobist lights and camera clicking and flashing away. I don’t think it is every day you go to get a tattoo with a photographer flashing you blind every 5 seconds. Lol. All in the good name of fun I guess.

Ryan then explained to me that I had to lie down on the bed with my head hanging down over the side of the bed, and with his outgoing fun personality, chatting away and making a fantastic atmosphere to be in, the artwork on my body started.

I thought that this could possibly be a painful experience, but to my surprise after getting use to the stinging behind my neck, and just nearly fell asleep on the bed.



Lionel, Ryan and Gisella all chatting around me, joking and having fun, and honestly I didn’t really hear a word what was being said with the noise of the tattoo machine buzzing in my ear, but it was literally music to my ears.

I can honestly say this was a wonderful experience, and would tell anyone out there who is thinking about getting a tattoo done, Ryan is your man, he is extremely creative, his a talented artist and his great fun to be around, Thanks Gisella and Ryan for this experience, you proberbly have a regular client on your hands, lol.


Lionel shot most of these images using a Nikon SB-26 through a Gary Fong Whale Tail at 1/32 Power 24mm Zoom at about 30 deg camera right. The camera settings he used in all these images were ISO 100, 1/90 sec Shutter Speed and F2.8 Aperture Setting, and some were shot using the available light in the studio @ ISO 400, 1/20 sec Shutter Speed and F2.8 Aperture Setting.





I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed the experience of receiving my totally unique and amazing new tattoo.

Thanks guys

Check out Lionels post in our 365 project Day 5
For anyone out there who would like to get into contact With Gisella Rose for a piercing or Ryan Bolton for an amazing piece of art work on your body check out their website "The Little Shop of Horrors"

Much love

Cinz

2 comments:

  1. shoowhoo busta rhyme. bolt,on- wards people are waiting for their bloody tattoons hey!
    XOXO
    mrs keith and the goddess strange.

    ReplyDelete